Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Everest Movie Review

Hello!

This Saturday I went to the movie Everest with a friend. I've decided to do a quick review of it to give you my thoughts and opinions.

First,  let me give you an idea of what the movie is about.

The main character, Rob, works for a company that brings people up Mount Everest. Each year they have a lot of competition as many companies are in that business.

The climbers that are introduced to us and they all have very different backgrounds. Some are parents, some have devoted their lives to mountaineering. Whatever their background, they are all experienced climbers (they'd want to be, climbing Mt. Everest).

Before they start climbing, they have to adapt their bodies to the altitude. Each morning they climb from Base Camp to the next camp along the way.

They move on and try to catch windows of opportunity for walking in.
Crazy stuff happens and it's all very nail biting.

Now let me tell you my opinions.

I didn't feel an emotional connection with any of the characters, which made it easy when they all bad stuff started happening (that's not a spoiler).

They should have developed the characters and their personalities more.

This isn't a movie for the faint hearted. It isn't very graphic but it is quite distressing in places.
The movie was based on a true story and from what they showed at the end about the original expedition, the movie was true to it.

All in all, it was a good movie but but not much more than that. I would advise you go in 3D because from what I've heard it's a lot better.

I would rate this movie 3 stars

I hope you enjoyed my attempt at a movie review. Let me know what movies you've watched recently and if I should go see them.

Thanks for reading!
Clare xxx



BTW I HAVE DECIDED TO DO A MONTHLY TRIAL USING PRODUCTS THAT I BUY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH AND REVIEW THEM AT THE END OF THE MONTH...
more on that soon...

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment