Friday, 8 January 2016

How to Be Organised on Your Blog and Avoid Blogger's Block

Hello!

It's common for bloggers to lack in inspiration. Sometimes, it seems like there is nothing left for me to write about. When I find myself going through a period like this I like to follow these simple steps and soon I am bursting with ideas.

Here are my top tips for beating blogger's block and staying organized.



Plan Your Posts
This tip is so important to me. When I'm not organised I stress out and lose sight of my goal. I keep a journal where I plan my posts for the next few months. I don't necessarily write out my post until a week or two before it goes up but I do make sure I have a plan.

Have a Blogging Day
Every two weeks, or so, I dedicate a whole day to my blog. In the morning, while the lighting is good, I take all the pictures that I will need for the upcoming weeks' posts. In the afternoon  I write, write, write. I prepare four or five posts so that I don't have to worry about being busy and not being able to write something.

Jot Ideas Down
Most of the time, my ideas for blogposts come to me right before I fall asleep. I usually have to get up and scribble down my idea because if I don't I wont remember it! This is why I keep a small, pocket-sized notebook at my bed-side and in my handbag at all times. Often, ideas come to me at the strangest of times!

Set Goals
Each time I reach a milestone on my blog I reward myself with a little treat. If you are being rewarded by your blog it will motivate you to work more. Acknowledging your own successes makes you feel good about yourself and you'll only want to better yourself. Having said this, don't focus too much on the numbers because if you're not achieving what you hoped, it will only make you feel worse.

Have a Journal
My black and gold journal holds everything regarding my blog. I document monthly stats, write lists of blog post ideas and plan out future posts. In my opinion, a journal is a must-have for bloggers. Having everything written out in one place makes everything seem so much clearer. If I ever lost it I don't know what I'd do!

Those are my tips for Blog Organisation. I hope they helped!

Thanks for reading!
Clare x


You can find me on social media here:

Twitter: paleninterestin
Bloglovin': paleandinteresting
Email (business related only): clarehanniganmb@gmail.com





8 comments:

  1. Planning posts has saved my life! I used to do everything on the day it needs to be uploaded but now I start 2 weeks in advance.

    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where would we be without planning?! x

      Delete
  2. I always try to plan posts but sometimes they end up running away from me, haha! A note book is definitely a must have and there's some great ideas here! x

    www.zoecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love treating myself to a new blogging notebook at the beginning of the year! Glad you enjoyed the post! x

      Delete
  3. even though I don't blog I read this anyway because I'm #1paleandinterestingstan xx

    And I always get my inspiriation at night lol. So inconvenient amirite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being the #1paleandinterestingfan and you should definitely start your own blog! x

      Delete
  4. I always have to have a few notebooks lying around my room and bag. It simply amazes me at the awesome things I come up with at such random times! I have never tried it, but I will totally give a blogging day a shot! It sounds like a life saver!!
    XxlizxX

    www.candidlyliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get more work done on a blogging day that in a whole week! I can safely say that I am a bit of a notebook hoarder!
      Clare x

      Delete