Friday, 22 January 2016

L'Oreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation Review

Hello!

I've decided that it's time for another installment of Product of the Week! This is a series I enjoy and it doesn't make sense why I don't update it more often. This week I am focusing on a foundation from L'Oreal and it's called the Infallible Stay Fresh foundation.



I'm constantly on the hunt for a foundation that 1) matches my skin tone 2) applies well and looks good on the skin and 3) doesn't wear off during the day. I was hoping I would find these features in L'Oreal's Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation.

The first thing I noticed about this product was it has an extremely perfumed scent. By "extremely perfumed" I don't just mean the typical foundation scent - I mean that it smells like a perfume that might be marketed at middle-aged women. I don't mind the scent and the fragrance fades as soon as you apply it to your face.

When testing this product, I primed my face with the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Primer. Upon application, this foundation is relatively light to medium coverage. It applies very smoothly and blends seamlessly.

The shade 015 matches my skin really well. It evens my skin tone and nulls the redness in my skin. I do however have some spots (due to all the chocolate at Christmas) that were not concealed very well. This isn't a problem for me since I usually don't get spots and they were easily covered with some concealer.

This foundation is great for people with oily skin as even on the oiliest parts of my face it doesn't look cakey.



Throughout the day, it wore quite well but I noticed that it faded on my nose and seemed to hang in clumps there. It didn't oxidise at all and the shade was the same at 9.30 pm as it was at 9.30 am. In case you're wondering, I didn't reapply makeup throughout the day on the day when I tested it.

Overall, I was pleased with this product. I would not recommend it to people with dry skin as it would cling to dry parts of the face. It applies well and gives a medium but buildable coverage. It isn't very long lasting and a primer is vital. It looks natural on the skin and not at all cakey.



Despite the shortcomings, I reach for this foundation for day-to-day use.

If you would like to purchase the L'Oreal Infallible Foundation click here.

Thanks for reading!
Clare



You can find me on social media here:

Twitter: paleninterestin
Bloglovin': paleandinteresting
Email (business related only): clarehanniganmb@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment