Friday, 15 April 2016

Liebster Award | Pale and Interesting

Hello!

I'm staying with my aunt at the moment meaning that I can connect to the wifi, meaning that I can upload this post. I hope everyone is having a great Friday! I'm personally very proud of myself for sticking to my schedule!

Recently Lizz from Candidlyliz tagged me for the Lieber Award. She came up with some really top-notch questions and I couldn't wait to answer the questions in a post.



What inspired you begin blogging?
I began this blog almost two years ago after ending another blog. I started my first blog at the same time as my friend and we used to post only for each other. When we outgrew that blog I wanted to keep blogging because I love writing and I wanted to make friends from blogging. I still get a rush of excitement each time I press publish on a post!

What blogger do you look up to the most?
I personally get more inspiration from people I know than superstars that I don't know. For this reason I look up to, one of my best friends, Frances from Royally Rouge. Her blog is one of my favourites and I love her blogging work ethic. Whenever I'm having a bad day I head over to her blog and it puts me in a good mood. The fact that she can do that so well is what I look up to most.

What is your favourite childhood television series?
Childrens' TV in Ireland, when I was small, wass a mixture of American and British programs and a small hand full of Irish shows. My favourite childhood series was Bear in the Big Blue House. 

What would you say is the proudest moment in your life?
The moment that stands out as my proudest is probably when I performed with my orchestra in the Musikverein, a prestigious concert hall in Vienna, Austria. We performed in the Summa Cum Laude music festival in Austria and not only was it a huge honour but it was so much fun!

What did you want to be when you were a child?
When I was little I used to want to be a vet, like every other girl I knew. Unlike many of my friends, I was willing to get my hands dirty. Whenever I was asked about delivering offspring and putting down animals I would reply by saying "I'm willing to do anything if it will help the animal".

What about now? What do you aspire to be?
I'm not quite sure what I'd like to be but I do know that I would love to do something predominantly involving the English language. I'm also interested in doing law.I have a while to decide what route I want to take yet!

Outdoors or Indoors
I don't know if it's because the weather is getting better, as winter comes to an end, but recently I've wanted to spend a lot more time outdoors. This means that I've been dragging various family members on long walks. For when I can't find company for a walk, I've subscribed to the Google Play Music. I would say I'm an outdoors person.

What is your most embarrassing memory?
I tend to get myself into embarrassing situations very often which makes it difficult to remember many of them. For that reason I'll tell you about my most recent misfortune.
I come from a very religious family and we love to go to Mass at any chance we can get. We were at Mass last week, on Good Friday, when the priest asked everyone to line up and kiss the cross one-by-one. I instantly panicked because everyone was watching and I knew I would slip up. My heart was racing and I thought I was going to faint. As my turn approached I began to desperately contemplate what part of the cross I would kiss. As I stooped to kiss it, I banged my head and almost sent the priest flying. I could feel myself turn more red than Mars. At first, I thought nobody had seen my mishap but my friend leaned over to me and he asked "Is your head OK? That looked like a bad hit."

What is the reason behind your blog name?
I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again.
When I was younger and my friends started wearing fake tan to parties I used to get jealous because I was always the pasty white one in all the photos. My mum told me that I had a beautiful Irish complexion and that I was "Pale and Interesting". Since then, I've grown to love my paleness and, even though I stand out in every group picture like Casper the Friendly Ghost, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Do you have any seemingly irrational fears?
I'm not sure if this fits the bill but I'll mention it anyway. I love horror movies and I love the thrill they give but whenever a child is introduced in the movie I instantly regret picking it. I don't know why but I hate to see the children being slaughtered/possessed.

If you could live inside any world, book or TV show which would be?
I guess Harry Potter would be the correct answer for this question but I would choose Skippy Dies. Not because I want to live in a boy's boarding school but because it's a life very close to mine (minus the drugs). It's set in a secondary school in Dublin, as am I.


I would like to thank Elizabeth for tagging me to answer these great questions.

Here are my 11 questions :
What is the scariest experience of your life?

What is your favourite thing to do when you're sad?

What is, in your opinion, is the most understated makeup brand?

What is your favourite book?

Have you ever had a near death experience?

What is one thing you can't leave the house without?

What's your favourite hot beverage?

If you were given a billion euro to spend to make the world a better place, what would you do?

What's your go-to pizza topping?

What's your top S/S wardrobe staple?

What's your favourite quote and why?


I nominate everyone reading this to do the tag!

Thanks for reading!
Clare x


4 comments:

  1. Nice post! I know how you feel about being the pasty one of the group, I have never been that pushed to wear fake tan. I would much prefer to be pasty than orange!
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really been pressured to wear tan and I just prefer to flaunt my lighter-than-porcelain skin. Anyway, I'd look like an eejit if I tried fake tan. Some things are not meant to be!
      Clare xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! I had just come on here to begin the TMI tag when I saw this. Oh Gosh! This was amazing! I laughed out loud when you were talking about your embarrassing memory! Thanks so much for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I have to say, I loved the questions.
      Clare xx

      Delete