Tuesday, 12 April 2016

NYX Contour and Highlight Pro Palette Review | Pale and Interesting

Hello!

I'm constantly on the hunt for an inexpensive contour palette. When I saw this beauty my jaw dropped as it is everything I look for in a palette! After some persuasion from my friend, I decided to bite the bullet and buy it.



It cost €25 which seems like a hefty price tag but when you break it down each powder costs little over €3! There are eight shades in the palette; four highlighting shades and four contouring shades.
The palette is very convenient for travelling as all of the shades can be removed from the palette and refills are available.

The Break-Down




Ice Queen is a shimmery white shade that gives an iridescent glow to the skin. It can distribute unevenly at times and if too much is applied it can look glittery. Having said that, it looks great when dusted lightly.



Soft Light is a very light matte nude shade. I've been using it to set my makeup as I forgot to bring a powder on holiday with me. It matches my skin tone perfectly but would be great as a highlighter for those with darker skin tones.



Cream is a matte yellow powder. It can be used under the eyes to brighten them up. I have used it and it doesn't look too yellow but this shade is a lot more vibrant than most banana highlighters I have seen. For that reason it may look a little strange under your eyes.



Nectar is a darker slightly shimmery champagne shade. It is too dark for my skin tone but would look gorgeous on darker complexions.



Tan is a warm toned shade that's great for bronzing. It is a brick red shade that would compliment darker skin tones very well.



Toffee is a cool toned slightly lighter shade than Contour 1. It is good for bronzing but I prefer to blend it into my hairline to contour my forehead. I also use it to define my jawline.



Sculpt is by far my favourite shade in the palette and it suits my skin perfectly. I use it to contour my cheekbones and nose and it looks great. It is very easy to use looks great on the skin. The shade 
Sculpt is very similar to Taupe by NYX but Blank is slightly darker.



Hollow is a dark brown shade. This shade is for those with a darker skin tone and I imagine would look stunning. Sadly it is a bit too dark for me. I noticed that this shade is slightly creamier than the rest of the shades and is beautiful to work with!



Final Words

All in all, this is a brilliant, very versatile palette. It has all the shades I would need for a highlight and contour palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive contour and highlight palette. I will certainly be purchasing the refills when the time comes.

You can purchase the NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette at Boots here.

Thanks for reading! 
Clare

You can find me on social media here:
Twitter: paleninterestin
Bloglovin': paleandinteresting
Email (business related only): clarehanniganmb@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. OMG the nyx wonder stick is so good as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyx seem have their contour and highlight game well under control. Such a good brand! xx

      Delete
  2. I have heard about this contour palette from NYX before, it looks amazing! Nice post.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete